What are you trying to find???

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hang it up!

This is probably not a post that is going to change anyone's life... but it is one of those things that has been on my to do list for... almost 9 months now, and I finally got to it. [Internet highfive-ing myself]
Remember way back in the day when Sam was brand new and I promised you a nursery tour?  And then a couple weeks ago I shared some prints I made for Sam's room and told you I was finally finishing it up to get around to that?
WELL.
This is just one more thing.


When Sam was born we had some awesome newborn photos taken of him. Our photographer really got in there close with some detail shots... and I love the pink roundness of those tiny toes, his sweet little lips, and how long his fingers were! Oh, man! I am getting high from new baby smell just thinking about it all. Anyway, I meant for 8 months to get some canvases made with those little detail shots to hang on the blank wall of his room.


I finally got them.
And it was time to finally hang them.
Grabbed my tape measure, level, and a few nails (these things are pretty lightweight, so even though they are hanging above the crib... no special anchor or equipment was required to keep them in place.) and got them up on the wall.

 
And there you have it.
I also re-hung his mobile but (Ooh, foreshadowing!) more on that later...
I am so happy to check that off my to do list! Just a few more things and then I will clean the room and get you a proper nursery tour... hopefully before the kid turns 1. (but no promises.)

4 comments:

  1. I love those little corner shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really liked them too, I think they work well to frame out the small space. :)
      We got them at target... something like $14 for a set of 2.

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    Just came across your blog, and yes, it was through a pin for your super-adorable baby hammock swing. Totally unrelated to the swing, but I was wondering where you found your crib? We are expecting a little man this July and it is just the thing that I picture my sweet little boy snoozing away in. Help a momma-to-be out? Thanks and thumbs up on the blog - my little isn't even here yet but you have given me so many wonderful ideas already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got the crib from Nebraska Furniture mart. The brand is Munire. It's a convertible crib... so changes to toddler bed, day bed, and full size headboard, which we really liked! http://www.munirefurniture.com/products-page/coventry-collection/coventry-lifetime-convertible-crib/
    Hope that helps you. Congrats, Mama! All the best!

    ReplyDelete